Thursday, April 8, 2010

Random Facts About Me.

A little over a year ago I posted a note on Facebook with 25 random facts about me.  I've copied that note, added some new ones, and edited the ones that needed updating... here goes:



1. I attended 5 colleges before I eventually graduated, in a total of 5 1/2 years.

2. I am currently reading all of the books on the Time Magazine All-Time 100 Novels (this is a very slow process, but now that I have a Nook I think it will speed up, I love my Nook)

3. I really enjoyed reading "Watchmen" (on the Time List) - but I thought the movie sucked.

4. My dog, Rocky, saved my life

5. I am an alcoholic, I have been sober for more than 3 years, and I have never been to an AA meeting.  I have been denying for a while that I am an alcoholic, but in reality I am.  I was drinking too much before I quit and yes, I was able to stop, but I was drinking WAY too much, and I was drinking by myself, a lot.  It was a problem.  The last time I drank heavily I blacked out, and that terrified me.  When I drank I didn't know how to have just one drink, I'd always have too many.  I have to own it, so I do, my name is Elisabeth, and I'm an alcoholic.  Please stop trying to get me to drink, please stop saying how much fun it would be to see me drink, it wouldn't.  (For those who have said this, its not your fault, you didn't know, I've been pretending that I'm not an alcoholic, so how could you know?)

6. I own a lot of shoes that I never wear, and my shoe collection is taking over my closet.

7. I lost about 30 pounds with the help of an amazing trainer, and my own personal strength.  This also means I own far fewer clothes than I used to, as many of my old clothes stopped fitting and I had to give them to Goodwilll.



8. I actually have no idea what I weigh at this point in my life.

9. I've been carrying the same planner for more than 5 years, I refuse to carry a PDA or transfer my stuff to my iPhone. I don't know why I do this.  I would feel lost without it.

10. I lived at the beach for 5+ years, and loved it, sand and all.

11. I don't miss living at the beach at all, I live in the Valley and I secretly love it.  (Shhh... don't tell anyone!)

12. I used to hate running more than anything, now I love it, it makes me feel free.


13. I just ran the LA Marathon and it was one of the hardest, most incredible, empowering things I've ever done, and I'm ready to run another marathon (I signed up for the NYC Marathon lottery and didn't get in, and signed up for the Nike Women's lottery, praying I get in).



14.  I ran my first 1/2 marathon in February (Surf City) and I'm signed up to run 4 more throughout this year (Rock N Roll in San Diego, San Francisco, Disneyland and Malibu - and if I don't get into Nike Women's I'll do the Long Beach half)


15.  I really want to do a Century Ride, and a Triathlon (but have NO desire to do an Ironman).

16. I have had approximately 11 jobs since I graduated from college, 7 years ago.

17. I take 9 pills every day, 4 in the morning and 6 at night. (Some are vitamins, most aren't.)

18. The reason I take so many pills is because I have bipolar disorder.

19. I have had my hair cut by the same hair dresser for half my life (since I was 15).



20. When I was a kid my hair was VERY blonde, as a teenager it turned brown, then I started coloring it, and have been red, blonde, my natural color for a while (a light brown), dark brown, black, and now I'm trying to get rid of the black.... I just can't seem to decide what color hair I should have.

21. I really like TV.

22. My dog sleeps on the pillow next to me at night, or under the covers.

23. I don't think I want to have kids. Don't judge me.  (If I found the right person I might change my mind, but I might not... I just don't know at this point.)

24. I am an incredibly good cook. Show me a picture of something and I can probably make it.

25. I am a pretty good photographer, and I wish I could find a way to pursue photography as a career.

26. I save all of my loose change, at the end of the day the loose change goes into a piggy bank, yes, I have a little bank shaped like a pig.

27. I love the Dodgers and go to as many games as I can every year.

28. I have the most amazing bed in the world, seriously, it's ridiculously comfortable.



29. I love naps.


30. I enjoy going to Disneyland, I hate Magic Mountain.


31.  My sister Alexis kept my in one piece when I was about to break into a million pieces for a long time.  I don't know where I would be without her.  She is my rock.


32. My sister Stephanie inspired me to start running, which has given me a freedom I never realized I had before. Her inspiration has led me to places I never imagined possible.


33. I went bungee jumping in January.  I am SO not the kind of person to go bungee jumping.  I almost didn't do it, I stepped out over the side of the bridge, had a massive panic attack and climbed back over to the non jump side.  I was almost in tears.  I think the bungee guy jedi mind tricked me, because just a few short minutes later I was stepping back out over the side of the bridge.  The quickly counted 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and I jumped.  It was terrifying and at the same time the most liberating thing I have ever done.  I am so glad that I did it.  I would definitely do it again, in a heartbeat.


34. My bipolar disorder has affected a lot of the relationships in my life, positively and negatively.  It has made me much more aware of my behavior and other people's behavior.


35. I have a terrible temper, and I have to work to control it.


36. I have the world's worst sweet tooth.


37. I speak without thinking, more often than I should.


38. I have four tattoos, and there are about 3 more that I want.


39. I can't stand blueberries.  I love all other berries, but blueberries are nasty.


40. I used to love mushrooms, but now I can't handle them at all.  The smell of cooked mushrooms makes me nauseous.


41. I am incredibly stubborn, sometimes for no good reason.


42. Compassion is my favorite word.  I try to practice it in my life on an everyday basis.


43. I am really scared of throwing up.  REALLY scared.


44. I am a little bit frightened of elevators, but I have to take one everyday at work, so I try to get over it.


45. I am inspired by my friends on a daily basis, they are all incredible people.


46. I like going to the movies alone.


47. I hardly ever cry, I'm like a robot.  (Although when I get really angry I do cry.)


48. I make my dog wear a Halloween costume every year.  Don't judge me, it's funny and he doesn't seem to mind, much.


49. My biggest pet peeve revolves around the way people eat, i.e.- noisily, with their mouths open, talking with food in their mouth, etc.  Drives me up the wall.

50. My family means more to me than anything in the world, especially my sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment