Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Thirty things I learned when I was 30

Thirty things I learned when I was 30 (some I already knew, but were reinforced this year)

1. I can do anything I set my mind to.
2. Bungee jumping is fun.  I’m scared of roller coasters, so jumping off a bridge and bouncing back up again was a very big deal for me.
3. I can run pretty far. (26.2 miles to be exact)
4. I can run a half marathon.  Ran Surf City ½ in 2:37 in February.
5. I can run a full marathon.  Ran the LA Marathon in 6:19 in March.
6. Living at home with your parents when you’ve lived away for a long time is not fun, but sometimes necessary.
7. I can put up with a lot more than I ever thought I could.
8. Getting a call at 5am to get someone out of jail is never good.
9. Your family might be crazy but they are the ones that see you through the good times and bad.
10. I actually enjoy working out.
11. Money is far less important than friends and family.
12. My dog will let me dress him up in pretty much anything as long as there isn’t a hat involved.
13. Being bipolar doesn’t define me, but it is a part of who I am.
14. If given the option I wouldn’t change the fact that I have bipolar disorder, it’s made me who I am today.
15. I am still terrified of roller coasters.
16. My friends are amazing and capable of so much more than most of them realize.
17. I love my dog more than I love some of my family members (not immediate family).
18. I can get by on very little money.
19. My body is capable of far more than I ever realized.
20. My mind is capable of far more than I ever realized.
21. Not drinking has made me a stronger person.
22. I actually think I would like to have kids someday.  (If I don’t have them it’s not the end of the world, but this whole idea of actually wanting to have kids at all is a new concept for me.)
23. I’m not scared of commitment; I just know what I don’t want.
24. Coloring my hair black is not the best idea… way too hard to change.
25. I am willing to try almost anything at least once.
26. I’m not a bad driver, but I am easily distracted.
27. There are people who will judge you on a first impression and never think twice about it, even if they are wrong.
28. People are who they are.  Trying to change them is never going to get you anywhere, except frustrated.
29. Things in life will be difficult, but it’s how you deal with those things that make you who you are.
30. I love life.

No comments:

Post a Comment