Thursday, July 8, 2010

Going it alone

This is a short one...
There are people who think doing things alone is odd, or uncomfortable.  I am not one of those people.  I enjoy doing LOTS of things alone.   A few are...

Shopping alone (although I prefer going with Alexis because she is great at finding deals and tells me what actually does and doesn't look good).  

I go to bookstores alone (probably to everyone in my life's benefit as I could spend hours browsing in a book store).  

I sometimes go to movies alone (this is one of my favorite alone things).  

I occasionally eat at restaurants alone (this was weird at first, but now seems like no big deal).  
Flying alone (when traveling I much prefer flying by myself as opposed to traveling with someone, its easier and much more peaceful, you don't have to worry about anyone else and you can just enjoy yourself).

Last night I went to a Dodger game alone (not the first time I've gone by myself).  

All of these things can be enjoyable with other people, but I also sometimes like doing these things alone.  Weird?  Maybe.  But, I don't think so.  Sometimes being alone is the best thing in the world.  Sometimes it sucks, but when I choose to be alone I savor it and enjoy it.  Knowing I can do things alone makes me happy.  Alone time can be a great thing.  You should really try it sometime.  It'll do you some good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment